A deliciously warming protein soup
This is our ‘proteined-up’ version of the famous West African Peanut Soup.
Its vegetarian friendly and packed with flavour from herbs and spices and the addition of our favourite ingredient…peanut butter.
We’ve added both pea and rice protein powders to boost the nutritional value and keep you satisfied for longer.
Top rice, peanuts and chilli and there you have it, a rich winter soup that doesn’t compromise on nutrition.
Serves: Makes 5-6 300ml serves
- 1 litre water/stock
- 1 salt reduced vegetable stock cube
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 2 tsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- 100 grams collards – we used English spinach leaves and red beetroot leaf mix
- 50 grams salt reduced tomato paste
- ⅔ cup natural peanut butter
- 30 gram scoop of Bulk Nutrients Unflavoured Pea Protein*
- 30 gram scoop of Bulk Nutrients Unflavoured Rice Protein*
- Pinch salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chilli, chicken, lentils, beans etc
- Cooked brown rice, whole peanuts, chilli and spring onion for the topping
* Just Pea or just Rice will also work well
- In a medium size pot, add stock cube, salt, garlic, ginger and onion to water/stock and bring to the boil for 20 minutes.
- Add tomato paste and peanut butter, stirring gently until combined.
- Add two scoops of protein powder and whisk until lump free.
- Add collards and any option ingredients, then cook for another two minutes then serve.
- Top with cooked brown ride, whole peanuts, chilli or spring onions to taste.