The perfect afternoon treat
Love Red Velvet? Love Cookies and Cream? Then you'll love this week's recipe.
These two iconic flavours come alive in this creamy and decadent Red Velvet Slice.
It tastes just like the oh so loved tradition Red Velvet Cake, only it's lower carb and it's packed with protein!
For Red Velvet Base:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Protein Matrix + in Chocolate
- 1 beetroot – steamed until tender, drained and cooled
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 30g cashew nuts
- 30g almond meal
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For Cookies and Cream Top:
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1 can coconut cream – use thick component only
- 1 teaspoon Bulk Nutrients Sweetvia
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Protein Matrix + in Cookies and Cream
- 30g dark chocolate – chopped
- To make the base: Line a brownie tin with baking paper.
- Place all base ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Press evenly into the prepared tin ensuring a flat surface.
- Place base in the fridge to set. Best overnight or for a minimum of three hours.
- To make the topping: Combine cashew nuts, coconut cream, Sweetvia and coconut oil in a bowl and set aside to soak for approximately one hour. If you find the coconut oil sets during soaking, just zap in the microwave until it softens.
- After one hour, place all soaked ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy and smooth.
- Remove the blade and stir in the protein and dark chocolate pieces. Set aside.
- Pour the topping layer over the base layer and place in the fridge to set for a few hours.
- Remove the slice from the tin with a sharp, hot knife.
- Top with melted chocolate and walnuts.
- Slice can be stored in the freezer for up to three months, otherwise best consumed within five days in the fridge in an airtight container.