For the pavlova base:
- 6 eggs - separated at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
For the topping:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- Vanilla yogurt of choice
- 2 mangoes
- Passion fruit pulp
- To make the pavlova base: Set the oven to 120 Degrees Celsius.
- Place the egg whites in a clear, dry bowl and beat until light and fluffy and soft peaks form.
- While beating, add 1-2 tablespoons of sugar at a time, continuing until all the sugar has been incorporated.
- Check if the sugar has fully dissolved by rubbing mixture between fingertips. If you can still feel a graininess, continue to whisk until dissolved.
- Spoon pavlova mixture onto a tray, spreading in to a circle around 20-25cm each way.
- Bake for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the outside is crisp.
- Turn the oven off, and leave the pavlova in the oven until cooled, with the door ajar.
- Decorate the pavlova when you are ready to serve.
- To make the topping: Combine yogurt and protein in a bowl together before spooning on top of the pavlova.
- Top with sliced mangoes, passion fruit and raspberries.
Per serve (150g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 1330/885 | Protein (g): 12.2/8 | Fat (g): 6.5/4.4 | Saturated Fat (g): 2.8/1.9 | Carbohydrates (g): 50.2/33.5 | Sugar (g): 48.9/32.6 | Sodium (mg): 29/19