Ice cream lovers unite... this one's for you!
Ice cream sandwiches are the superior ice cream, are we right? You can hold it in you hands and eat the entire thing!
This recipe produces two delicious and less naughty ice cream sandwiches that you can share among 4 people (if you are willing to that is).
The biscuit component is very simple to make, the base of it is toasted muesli to provide a serious crunch factor and there is no added sugar just a little honey.
Now for the important part, the ice cream. You can personalise this as much as you like. You could use a vanilla yoghurt and protein powder for a vanilla ice cream or you could even experiment with chocolate by adding some cocoa to a plain yoghurt and a chocolate protein powder, be inventive.
Either way, the overall result is a scrumptious high-protein dessert that everyone is bound to love.
- 130g toasted muesli of choice – we used Table of Plenty Nicely Nutty
- 4 tablespoons almond meal
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
Ice Cream Ingredients
- 1 packet flavoured yoghurt of choice – we used Table of Plenty Nourish and Go in Coconut Berry
- 1 scoop Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Thermowhey in Strawberry
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- Blend muesli in a food processor to a fine crumb.
- Mix together muesli, honey, almond meal and coconut oil. Press into four cookie cutter rings or similar moulds. Place in the fridge to set.
- When ready to remove, run a knife around the outside to help loosen. Be gentle.
- To make your ice cream: place all ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place into similar moulds to those used for the base. Set in the freezer for about three hours or best overnight.
- To assemble sandwich place ice cream between two bases at top and bottom to make a sandwich formation. Enjoy!