Recipe made by @crave_wellness for #bulkisotreats
For the brownie:
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1 can unsalted chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee - this brings out the chocolate flavour
For the caramel layer:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Salted Caramel flavour
- 1/2 cup dates - soaked in hot water
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the chocolate layer:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate - melted
To make the brownie: Preheat oven to 180 degrees and line a brownie tin with baking paper.
Place all wet ingredients into food processor and blend until completely smooth (*This is important to make sure you get a good texture, it’s worth the extra mess I promise!).
Transfer into a mixing bowl and stir all remaining ingredients through.
Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for roughly 25-30 minutes.
To make the caramel layer: Place all wet ingredients into food processor and blend until smooth (may need a splash of water).
Mix through protein powder.
Set aside until brownies have cooled.
Once cooled pour caramel over brownie.
To make the chocolate layer: Melt dark chocolate and pour over caramel layer.
Place into fridge or freezer to set.
Cut into squares and store in the freezer.
Per serve (1 slice)
Energy (kJ): 1215 | Carbohydrates (g): 32.4 | Fat (g): 15.3 | Protein (g): 9.7 | Sugar (g): 19.5 | Sodium (mg): 38.4
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!