A creamy pie with notes of vanilla, cinnamon and of course banana
Clean Treats has outdone herself with this beauty!
If you enjoy a sweet creamy pie for dessert but can’t take the calories or the epic amounts of dairy, this one’s for you.
The base is packed with crunchy pecans, chocolate WPI and Medjool dates and the filling is creamy and coconutty thanks to coconut cream and banana WPI. It's truly delicious.
This recipe makes a mini cake but you can make it bigger by doubling the recipe.
For the base:
- 3 (40g) medjool dates
- 20g pecans
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) agave nectar
- ½ scoop (15g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC or Protein Matrix + in Chocolate
For the filling:
- 60g cashews soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons (40ml) coconut cream – use thick component from top of tin
- 1 teapoon (5ml) vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons (10ml) no added sugar maple or pure maple syrup
- ½ banana (60g)
- Pinch salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI or WPC in Banana
- For the base: Blend dates and pecans together first, then add agave and protein powder. Press into a lined mini cake tin. Set aside.
- For the filling: Place cashews and coconut oil in a processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add all other ingredients except the protein powder and blend until smooth.
- Lastly add protein powder and blend once more.
- Pour over base.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of one hour.
- Run a knife along the outside first before removing from the cake tin.