High Protein Potato and Leek Soup
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: Serves 6Calories: 215Difficulty Level: EasyPreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 45 minutes
For the soup:
- 2 scoops (50g) Bulk Nutrients Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides in Raw flavour
- 1 brown onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 litre salt reduced vegetable stock
- 100ml lite cream
- 2 leeks - chopped
- 800g potatoes - chopped
For the topping:
- Spring onion - sliced
- Bacon - diced and cooked
- In a large pot, sauté garlic, onion and leek with a little olive oil until softened.
- Add potato and cover with vegetable stock. Simmer until potatoes are softened.
- Using a stick blender, blend mixture until thick and creamy.
- Stir through cream and Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides.
- Serve topped with crispy bacon and spring onion.
- Keep in the fridge for up to five days. This also freezes well.
Using pure Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides, HCP provides over 20g of protein per serve.