Rich Protein Chocolate Cheesecake
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 8Calories: 380Difficulty Level: EasyPreparation time: 30 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 40 minutes
For the base:
- 1/2 scoop (15g) Bulk Nutrients Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in limited edition Choc Fudge
- 1 shot of espresso coffee
- 1 cup vanilla cookie crumbs - About 15 cookies
- 1 tablespoon zero or low-calorie sugar alternative
- 6 tablespoons butter - melted
For the filling:
- 250g cream cheese
- 50ml thickened cream
- 1 cup Natvia baking sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 150g dark chocolate chips - melted
Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a spring foam cake tin with baking paper.
To make the base:
- Place all base ingredients in a bowl and combine well. Press into prepared cake tin and bake for 10 minutes.
To make the filling:
- In a mixer with whisk attachment, blend the cream cheese, cream, vanilla essence and sugar until creamy.
- Place eggs in a mug and whisk. Gradually add the egg mix to the filling mixture continuing to blend.
- Add the cocoa and chocolate and whisk until combined.
- Pour filling mixture over cake base and bake for one hour or until the center is firm.
- Allow to cool in the oven with the door ajar until completely cooled (possibly overnight).
- Best stored in the fridge and enjoyed with fresh fruit and cream.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.