Strawberry Yogurt Cupcakes
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 12 cupcakesPreparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 15 minutesTotal time: 35 minutes
For the cupcakes:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides in Vanilla flavour
- 200g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup frozen strawberries - defrosted well
- 1 cup sugar - we used CSR reduced calorie sugar mix
- 100g salt reduced butter
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
For the icing:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla or Strawberry flavour
- 200g lite smooth ricotta - at room temperature
- 60g white chocolate
- 1 drop red food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
To make the cupcakes:
- Beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs and whisk for a further 1-2 minutes. Add all other wet ingredients except the strawberries and stir well.
- Slowly stir in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in strawberries and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the cupcake.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
To make the icing:
- Whip together all icing ingredients well.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Best stored in an airtight container in the fridge and consumed within three days. Not suitable to freeze.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.