For the cupcakes:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides in Vanilla flavour
- 200g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 cup frozen strawberries - defrosted well
- 1 cup sugar - we used CSR reduced calorie sugar mix
- 100g salt reduced butter
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
For the icing:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla or Strawberry flavour
- 200g lite smooth ricotta - at room temperature
- 60g white chocolate
- 1 drop red food colouring
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
- To make the cupcakes: Beat the sugar and butter until creamy. Add eggs and whisk for a further 1-2 minutes. Add all other wet ingredients except the strawberries and stir well.
- Slowly stir in the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Fold in strawberries and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until a skewer comes out clean from the middle of the cupcake.
- Allow to cool completely before icing.
- To make the icing: Whip together all icing ingredients well.
- Pipe onto the cupcakes.
- Best stored in an airtight container in the fridge and consumed within three days. Not suitable to freeze.
Per serve (1 cupcake)
Energy (kJ): 1136 | Protein (g): 9.8 | Fat (g): 11.25| Carbohydrates (g): 34.9 | Sugar (g): 20.6 | Sodium (mg): 89.8
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!