WBFF PRO Athlete, Body Recomposition Coach and Mentor, Syed Ali
Bulk Ambassador Syed Ali eats, sleeps, and breathes everything health & fitness. He has been in the fitness industry for over a decade and has competed in several bodybuilding competitions.
Ali won his most recent WBFF show and was awarded with the “PRO STATUS”, one of the most prestigious and sought-after title in the fitness industry. Syed has his eyes firmly set on becoming the next WBFF Australia champion and represent Australia at the WBFF’s world event.
Off the stage Syed is a passionate fitness and lifestyle coach who runs his own online PT business – Daredevil Fitness Crew. He uses his extensive knowledge and experience to help train and motivate others to achieve their goals.
My name is Syed Ali. I am a WBFF PRO athlete and an online body recomposition coach.
My love for sports began at an early age. After ending my competitive cricketing career at the age of 17 (due to an injury), I committed my newfound passion to health, fitness, and bodybuilding.
My passion for bodybuilding and dedication to the sport, lead me to competing in several bodybuilding competitions. I continue to pursue my dream of becoming an elite WBFF Fitness Model and represent Australia at the WBFF’s Worlds event.
Favourite Quote: A clear vision, backed by definite plans and hard work, gives you a tremendous feeling of confidence and personal power. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then is not an act, but a habit.
Syed's recommendation section is all about getting the most out of training with epic pumps in the gym.
Why I love it: The whey protein blend I rely on during competition prep. My favourite flavour has to be Chocolate but I equally love Rocky road and Salted Caramel.
How I use it: In smoothies, with water post workout, sometimes with milk before bed if I am running low on Casein for recovery.Add 1kg Chocolate Thermowhey to cart
Why I love it: This is one supplement which is great for strength gains and muscle growth.
How I use it: In water.Add 250g Creative Monohydrate to cart
Why I love it: Beta alanine is great to have as a pre workout and helps me train harder for longer.
How I use it: Also in water.Add 250g Beta Alanine to cart
Why I love it: My go-to carbs and protein blend during my off season. The 2:1 carb and protein ratio makes it a great product for muscle recovery. In a nutshell it is a perfect mass gaining supplement.
How I use it: I take it with plain water or low fat milk. Pre and post training.Add 2.5kg Chocolate Muscle food 101 to cart
Below is my current training schedule and followed by some of my top training tips.
Make sure that you are following me on Instagram (@daredevilfitness) as I always post pro-tips and my updated training protocols there.
Ali’s Current Training Schedule:
- Hack Squat (5 sets x 8 reps)
- Hip Thrust (5 sets x 8 reps)
- Leg Extensions (3 sets x 8 reps)
- Romanian Deadlift (3 sets x 8 reps)
- Leg Curl (3 sets x 8 reps)
- Seated Calf Raise (3 sets x 15 – 20 reps)
- Flat Bench Press (5 sets x 6 reps)
- Dumbbell Incline Press (3 sets x 8 reps)
- Paused Floor Press (3 sets x 10 reps)
- Incline Barbel Press (5 sets x 8 reps)
- Cable Fly (5 sets x 10 reps)
- Incline Fly (3 sets x 10 reps)
- Dips (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Close Grip Bench Press (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Rope Pushdowns (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Dumbbell Skull crushers (4 sets x 10 reps)
- Neutral Grip low row (4 sets x 15 reps)
- Reverse Grip Barbell row (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Wide neutral grip pull-down (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Bent-over cable row (5 sets x 20 reps)
- Reverse Grip Shrugs (4 sets x 15 reps)
- Dumbbell Shrug (4 sets x 8 reps)
- T-Bar Row strip set (3 sets x 12 reps)
- Incline Curls (4 sets x 8 reps)
- Alternating Dumbbell Curls (5 sets x 8 reps)
- Drag Curls (4 sets x 12 reps)
- Front Squat (5 sets x 8 reps)
- Leg Press (3 sets x 10 - 15 reps)
- Walking Lunge (3 sets x 15 reps)
- Hamstring Curl (3 sets x 15 reps)
- Leg Extension (5 sets x 15 reps)
- Rope Pull-through (5 sets x 15 reps)
- Seated Calf Raise (3 sets x 15 – 20 reps)
- Seated Lateral Raise (4 sets x 8 reps)
- Dumbbell Overhead Press (4 sets x 10 reps)
- Single Arm Hanging Lateral Raise (4 sets x 10 reps)
- Front Raise (4 sets x 15 reps)
- Upright Row (4 sets x 15 reps)
- Rear Delt Fly (5 sets x 12 reps)
- Face Pull (4 sets x 15 reps)
- Smith OHP (3 sets x 25 reps)
Between each set I'll usually go with a 60 second break to recovery slightly but still keep my heart rate up.
Ali has also put together a FREE e-book which includes a lot of good information. So, if you are looking at putting on some lean muscle tissue, we suggest that you give it a read. You can download it here: Daredevil Fitness eBook.
Top Training Tips
- Engage the muscle - in the gym, less is more
- Be 100% committed, including the diet
- Clean cheats and healthy choices get results
- Have a coach that works with you as a team
- Be patient, you’ve got to love the process
- Passion for the sport means having the drive, determination, and discipline
- The will to win and hate to lose is necessary to take it to another level
- Have a good support team
- Continue to learn everyday
My approach to nutrition
Eat like a Caveman and Train like a Beast!
There is no substitute to food. Food is the necessary fuel your body needs to grow.
My go to protein sources:
Egg whites, Chicken breast, Lean ground chicken, Lean cuts of steak, Lean ground beef, Turkey breast, Lean ground turkey, Tuna, Cottage cheese, Protein powder/shakes
My go to Carb sources:
Oatmeal, Rice (all varieties), Potatoes (all varieties), Sweet potatoes, Beans, Whole grain bread
My go to Fat sources:
Whole eggs, Extra virgin coconut oil, Extra virgin Olive oil, All nut butters, All nut varieties, Avocados, Flaxseed, Chia seeds, Fish oil
What is my average daily calorie intake? 3500 during off-season and about 2500 during competition prep
Are there foods you avoid? Why? No sugar in my diet for obvious reasons. I use Bulk Nutrients' Sweetvia instead.
My ultimate cheat meal is... Has to be a Big Juicy Beef Loaded Cheeseburger with sweet potato chips. Burgers are life!
My day on a plate
In my Daredevil Fitness eBook, I've got a comprehensive section on what foods I eat and how they help me reach my goals. Check it out!
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Bulk Nutrients High Protein Pancakes
Meal 2 (Pre-Workout):
- Chicken Breast 250g
- 600g sweet potato
- 30 almonds
- 1 cup Vegetables
- 1 tsp coconut oil
Meal 3 (Post-Workout):
- Lamp steak Fat Trimmed 225g
- 1 cup Vegetables
- 1tsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp Almond butter
- 150g basmati rice
Snacks throughout the day:
- 1 apple
- 1 banana
- 60g Lindt 85% dark chocolate
- 1 Scoop Bulk Nutrients Thermowhey
Do you have any medium/long term goals you're working towards?
To win the WBFF Australia Championship and represent Australia at WBFF’s World events.
Have you had any exceptional results (in competitions or otherwise) in the last few years? Let us know what they are!
I won my most recent WBFF show and Pro Status in April 2021.
Previous WBFF Show Results:
- Placed 2nd – Men’s Fitness Model - May 2019
- Placed 2nd – Men’s Fitness Model - October 2019