It's our 'Twelve Days of Christmas' celebration!
Does apple pie tickle your fancy?
This delectable festive smoothie combines apple puree and sugar free maple with our Limited Edition Apple Pie Muscle Food 101 and a touch of spice for a creamy, satisfying drink.
It's a great bulking beverage! If you didn't win any of our Limited Edition Muscle Food 101 you can use our Vanilla flavour instead and up the cinnamon content.
For the crumble:
- ½ packet of Bulk Nutrients Quick Protein Pancake Mix in Vanilla or Cinnamon
- 1 ½ tablespoons organic coconut oil or butter – melted
For the smoothie:
- 1/2 scoop (40g) Bulk Nutrients Muscle Food 101 in Limited Edition Apple Pie flavour
- 4 tablepsoons apple puree
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 3 tablespoons yogurt – we used Chobani in Plain
- 150ml milk of choice
- 3 tablepsoons lite coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon pure or no added sugar maple syrup
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon and cloves
For the topping:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Micellar Casein in Vanilla
- 1 pot (170g) yogurt – we used Chobani in Plain
- Extra maple syrup – for the drizzle
- To make the crumble: Place the Protein Pancake Mix and melted butter or oil in a hot pan and cook until golden, fine and crumbly. Set aside.
- To make the smoothie: Place all smoothie ingredients in a blender and combine until smooth. Pour into glasses.
- To make the topping: Mix Micellar Casein and yogurt in a bowl until thick. Spoon into a piping bag. Pipe topping mix onto smoothie and top with maple drizzle and crumble.