For the cupcakes:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- 1/2 cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cup sugar of choice or alternative - i.e. coconut sugar, or a 'no calorie' baking sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
For the frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter - softened
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 squares dark chocolate - melted
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- To make the cupcakes: Preheat oven to 160 degrees celsius.
- Set out 30 mini cupcake cases on a tray.
- Whisk peanut butter and sugar until well combined and smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and continue to whisk.
- Add peanut pieces and stir.
- Add flour and milk alternatively in three batches until well combined.
- Spoon evenly into cupcake cases.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
- Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- To make the frosting: Whisk all frosting ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pipe onto each cupcake.
- Cupcakes are best stored in the fridge for up to one week.
Excluding the frosting
Per serve (17g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 261/1490 | Protein (g): 2.4/13.6 | Fat (g): 3.5/20 | Saturated Fat (g): 0.6/3.6 | Carbohydrates (g): 4.9/28 | Sugar (g): 1.9/10.9 | Sodium (mg): 9/51
Including the frosting
Per serve (20g) / Per 100g
Energy (kJ): 341/1700 | Protein (g): 2.5/12.3 | Fat (g): 5.4/27 | Saturated Fat (g): 1.9/9.6 | Carbohydrates (g): 5.4/26.8 | Sugar (g): 1.2/11.2 | Sodium (mg): 27/134
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!