Vegan Peanut Butter Slice
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 16 squaresCalories: 288Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 0 minutesTotal time: 20 minutes
For the base:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Earth Protein in Vanilla or Salted Caramel
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats - blended into a flour
- 1/3 cup buckinis
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil - melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the topping:
- 1 cup raw cashews - soaked overnight then drained
- 200g coconut cream
- 1/4 cup squeeze of lemon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil - melted
- Combine all base ingredients except maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Place maple syrup and peanut butter in a separate cup and place in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir well.
- Add liquids to the rest of the mix and stir well. Pour into a lined 8 x 8 brownie tin, press firmly and set aside.
- Place all topping ingredients in a processor and blend well.
- Pour on top of the base mix.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of two hours.
- Once set, remove from tray and slice with a hot, sharp knife into 16 pieces.
- We drizzled our with a mix of peanut butter and coconut oil.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Our most popular plant based protein, Earth Protein is a great alternative to whey based proteins and is available in six great flavours.