Ahh Jelly Slice, a treat we all know and love
We've put a healthy spin on the classic recipe and you're going to love it!
It starts with a soft chocolate base that is made from our Quick Protein Ball Mix for maximum chocolate flavour and zero nasties.
You won't believe that the creamy filling is full of protein. The vanilla flavour shines through and the addition of sugar-free marshmallows gives it extra oomph!
Finally comes that famous jelly wobble on top, it can be achieved with no sugar so that's what we did! Each slice has 20g of protein and just 3g of sugar, so no more feeling guilty whilst eating Jelly Slice.
And believe it or not, this recipe is surprisingly simple to whip up. Why not try it for afternoon tea or pop some in your kids' lunchboxes. We think it'd make a perfect addition to a children's birthday party!
- 1 tin (approx 175ml) coconut cream – the thick component
- 3 scoops (90g) WPI or WPC in Vanilla or Cookies and Cream
- 2 scoops (60g) Micellar Casein in Vanilla
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 packet (70g) Double D’s sugar free marshmallows
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tsp gelatine – dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 packet sugar free jelly crystals – we used Aeroplane Jelly – JellyLite
- For the base: Make the base as directed by packet mix, or by the Rocky Road Protein Ball recipe on the Bulk Nutrients Blog. Press into a lined square or round cake tin and set aside.
- For the filling: In a bowl whisk together protein powders, cinnamon, vanilla and coconut cream until smooth. Set Aside.
- Heat coconut oil and marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl for 30-second intervals. Whisk once mix is heated and soft. It may appear clumpy, but that is okay.
- Working quickly while the mix is still hot, pour into a food processor with protein/coconut cream mix and blend. Process on high until smooth and creamy. Combine gelatine and boiling water and add to processor. Re-blend to work in.
- Pour filling over the base and place into the fridge to set for approximately one hour.
- Make jelly as directed on the packet. Pour jelly over the filling carefully (we recommend spooning over or pouring onto the back of the spoon first so as not to ruin the filling). Pour enough jelly to allow ½ to 1cm thickness.
- Continue to set in the fridge for another three hours or best left over night.
- Slice with a hot, sharp knife and enjoy.
- Best stored in the fridge.