Egg, Quinoa And Greens Breakfast Bowl
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 2 servesCalories: 215Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 25 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 35 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup (approximately 200g) cooked quinoa
- 3 stalks of kale
- 6 mushrooms
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Handful of spring onion
- Handful of bean shoots
- Cook the quinoa. We cooked ours in vegetable stock to add extra flavour.
- Once quinoa is cooked, set aside in a bowl.
- Pre-heat a frying pan and add some butter or coconut oil.
- Add cherry tomatoes and mushrooms. Prick tomatoes to ensure they do not burst open.
- After 2-3 minutes, add the kale and toss to coat well.
- Add pine nuts, spring onion and bean shoots. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the bowl with the cooked quinoa.
- Keep pan hot. Whisk eggs and add to the pan and stir at intervals.
- Serve on the side of quinoa and vegetables.
- Best enjoyed immediately.