Mexican Chilli Beef
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 6 servesPreparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 60 minutesTotal time: 80 minutes
- 2 scoops Bulk Nutrients Fine Powdered Oats
- Coconut oil – for frying
- 500g ground beef mince
- 3 slices of lean bacon – chopped
- 2 beef stock cubes – dissolved in small amount of boiling water
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 brown onion – diced
- 1 large garlic clove – chopped
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can diced tomato
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chilli – as much as you desire
- Optional toppings: Crumbly feta cheese and spring onion
- Heat a medium pot to high heat.
- Add the coconut oil, onion, garlic and bacon and sauté until softened.
- Add beef mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add all remaining ingredients except the Fine Powdered Oats.
- Reduce heat to a medium temperature and simmer until the liquid reduces – about one hour.
- Sprinkle over Fine Powdered Oats, one scoop at a time and stir in well to ensure no clumping. If the mix becomes too dry add 1/2 cup of water.
- Serve immediately on brown rice, quinoa or your choice of base and add toppings. This recipe is also great in tacos or burritos.