Honey Snaps the kids will love with less sugar!
With school back, it’s a great time to start thinking about how to make your kids' lunches more nutritious, but at the same time delicious!
Kids need quality fuel to help them grow, fuel their minds during their lessons and allow them to burn off steam during their play time! With many nut allergies these days it’s not uncommon to have ‘nut products’ banned from lunches.
So we made up one of our favourites, inspired by ‘sesame seed snaps’ these Seed Honey Snaps are delicious, nut-free and with added protein to help keep them full, and provide their growing bodies with fuel!
Nut free | high protein |
- 1 Tbsp white sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp rice malt or honey
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 15g Bulk Nutrients Vanilla WPI/WPC Protein*
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Set your oven to 180°C
- Melt your coconut oil and honey/rice malt and stir all your ingredients together well.
- Place your mix onto baking paper and place another piece of paper on top, press down. Roll over to about 1/4cm thickness.
- Take the top piece of baking paper off, and place onto your baking tray.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven and while still warm, slice. This will set solid by the time it is cooled.
Store in an airtight container.