Makes 12 slices
For the base:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla flavour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup biscuit crumbs - we used crushed Marie Biscuits
- 100g pecans
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
For the filling:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI or WPC in Strawberry flavour
- 6 eggs - separated into whites and yolks
- Vanilla essence
- 1 cup sugar replacement - we used Natvia
- Juice of half a lemon
- 500g frozen strawberries
- 100g coconut cream
- Line an 8 x 8 inch brownie tin with baking paper.
- To make the base: Roast the pecans in the oven until golden. Place in a blender and process to a crumb.
- Transfer crumbed pecans to a bowl and add all base ingredients. Stir well.
- Press half the mixture into the lined tin and set aside.
- To make the filling: Thaw frozen strawberries in the microwave.
- Place in a blender and process to a smooth pulp. Set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites and lemon juice until soft peaks form.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar replacement in a bowl until creamy and pale. Add vanilla essence.
- Add the egg whites, coconut cream and strawberries and whisk to combine.
- Pour over base mixture and sprinkle with the remaining base crumb mixture.
- Place in the freezer to set for a minimum of two hours. Best left overnight.
- Allow to thaw slightly before serving.
Per serve (1 slice)
Energy (kJ): 889 | Protein (g): 9.2 | Fat (g): 15.8 | Carbohydrates (g): 10.2 | Sugar (g): 4.9 | Sodium (mg): 143
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!