A high protein diet is one of the healthiest options out there, with protein helping support lean muscle growth, increasing satiety (the feeling of fullness) and can aid in weight loss too.
High protein diets are also beneficial to follow when recovering from weight loss (bariatric) surgery such as gastric sleeve, gastric bypass and lap band surgery and are commonly recommended by doctors.
At Bulk Nutrients, we research, develop and blend a range of products to support your recovery after surgery and your continued weight loss journey.
Recovering from bariatric surgery with a high protein diet
After undergoing major surgery your body is craving rest and nutrients to speed up recovery, but this can be hard to do when your diet is restricted.
Low fat, low sugar and high protein diets are the most common recommendations of doctors after bariatric surgery such as a gastric bypass or gastric sleeve.
Sticking to a high protein diet can aid in recovery and help maintain muscle mass as you recover and continue to lose weight.
Wondering how you can achieve a high protein diet without eating large meals that your stomach can no longer handle?
Bulk Nutrients’ supplements! We have a range of high protein products that can aid in your speedy recovery as well as your long-term weight loss goals.
Protein powders come in very handy, especially initially when a high protein liquid diet is all you can have…
Looking for bariatric protein recipes or bariatric protein snacks? Check out our blog, it's full of high protein diet recipes that are easy to make and tasty too!
Buyer’s Guide to High Protein Supplements
There are a lot of supplements on the market, and it can be really confusing to decide on the best one for you... but here at Bulk Nutrients, we like to make things simple.
When following a high protein diet, powdered protein can be a real saviour.
Including a protein powder makes it easy to hit daily protein targets and when recovering from bariatric surgery and it’s easier for your stomach to handle than a complete meal
Here are the best protein powders for recovery and weight loss….
- Future Whey is our number one recommendation. Ditch the diet cola and lemonade for a refreshing protein water. Inspired by soft drink flavours Lemonade and Cola, Future Whey is a clear protein drink that’s refreshing and satisfying without the sugar, just pure protein water
- Hydrolysed Collagen Peptides (HCP) is an increasingly popular protein is used for its benefits of repairing muscles and promoting healing and growth
- For anyone following a plant based diet, Earth Protein is the best protein choice post-op. It offers a full spread of amino acids to help you recover and move forward with your goals
- Total Meal Replacement (or Earth Meal for plant based), although this contains some carbs and fats it can be much easier to consume a liquid than eating the equivalent calories from food. Especially when the stomach might no longer be capable of feeling comfortable with that much food
- Struggling with the hungries? Micellar Casein will keep you feeling fuller for longer. Unlike regular whey proteins, this variety is slowly digested and can keep the cravings at bay
- Protein Matrix+ is also a great protein powder as it contains the slow-digesting Micellar Casein and whey protein in some pretty delicious flavours
Supplements to support your recovery and immunity
Post-op is the key time to look after your body by fuelling it with vitamins and minerals!
Our range of general health and wellbeing products can assist with immune support, energy levels, care for gut health and of course, they help you recover faster.
Here are the best vitamin and support products to have you feeling your best…
- Green Fusion and Red Fusion are two natural vitamin and mineral powders that are the ideal multivitamin to boost energy levels and protect immunity.
- Proviotic is a capsulated multivitamin that also contains a probiotic strain to support a healthy gut.
- L Glutamine is an amino acid used for its abilities to repair muscle and prevent muscle wastage, it also can have a positive effect on gut health.
Get your High Protein Supplements with Afterpay, Zip Pay or PayPal Pay in 4
If you’re struggling to fit your high protein supplements into your budget, don’t stress.
At Bulk Nutrients, we offer Afterpay, Zip Pay or PayPal Pay in 4 so you can pay off your order slowly over time with smaller payments at no extra cost.
Available for any orders shipped to an Australian address with a total value of $100 or more.
Why choose Bulk Nutrients for your High Protein Supplements?
Bulk Nutrients are dedicated to helping you recover and grow on your weight loss journey with our range of pure supplements.
We’ve got a product to suit every stage of your weight loss journey, from the early post-op stage to when you’ve recovered and living a healthy lifestyle.
Be sure to contact our friendly and knowledgeable customer service team if you’re unsure of which product is best for you.
Nourish your body and maintain momentum on your weight loss journey with Bulk Nutrients!