A Clean Treats recipe you'll want to hold onto
Our Caramel Latte Protein Cake is sure to wow all your friends.
With a combination of coffee, sticky caramel and sweet chocolate this protein cake is simply delightful.
It's hard to believe that this sweet treat contains no added sugar and almost 10g of protein per serve.
It's a perfect afternoon tea treat or even better to take to a friends dinner party, you'll have them commenting on your mad cooking skills for days.
For the base:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 20 dried dates
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil – melted
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
For the chocolate layer:
- 3 rows dark organic chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the caramel latte layer:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Protein Matrix + or Thermowhey in Vanilla
- 340g raw cashew nuts – soaked and drained
- ¼ cup no added sugar maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil – melted
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee – dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 1 can coconut cream – thick component
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- For the base: Line a full sized spring foam pan with baking paper.
- In a processor blend all base ingredients until combined but still chunky. Press into cake tin and set aside.
- For the chocolate layer: Melt coconut oil and chocolate together and pour over base. Allow to set in the fridge.
- For the caramel topping: Place everything into a processor and blend until well combined. This may take a while. Once done pour over the chocolate layer.
- Allow to set in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of two hours. Remove from cake tin by running a sharp and hot knife around the outside.
- Decorate with cacao nibs, coconut and chocolate.
- Store leftovers in the fridge.