A moist cake loaded with protein and berries!
We're big fans of carrot cake here at Bulk HQ... Especially this week's fully loaded High Protein Carrot Cake from Clean Treats!
Featuring 14 grams of protein per serve and the goodness of healthy fats from coconut oil and our optional toppings, this cake is hard to say no to.
And if you love chai you'll love the tasty blend of spices in this treat. We're talking cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Our High Protein Carrot Cake makes the perfect morning tea and is big enough to share around the whole office.
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Protein Matrix+ , Thermowhey or Earth Protein in Vanilla
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients Micellar Casein in Vanilla
- 500g grated carrot
- 3 whole eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon clove
- 350g almond meal
- 100ml milk of choice
- 50ml oil of choice – we used coconut
- 1/3 cup no added sugar maple syrup
- 1 cup (150g) blueberries
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- *Optional toppings: Ricotta with honey drizzle, cinnamon and walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, excluding blueberries and and mix well.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Bake for 1-1.5 hours or until cooked through. Cover with foil if needed.
- Cool completely in the tin.
- Store in the fridge.
Per serve (122g)/per 100g
Energy (Kj): 1070/874 | Protein (g): 13.9/11.4 | Fat (g): 20/16.4 | Sat.F (g): 5/4.1 | Carbs (g): 7.3/6 | Sugar (g): 4.9/4 | Sodium (mg): 44/36