For the base:
- 25g almonds, almond meal or walnuts
- 25g dates - pre-soaked in water to soften
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the filling:
- 40g Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla or Salted flavour - we used Thermowhey in Vanilla Maple flavour
- 200g cottage cheese
- 1 espresso shot or 1 teaspoon instant coffee dissolved in 30ml water
- To make the base: Place all base ingredients into a food processor and blend to form a sticky crumb. Add water, 1 teaspoon at a time if required.
- Divide base mix across 2 dessert dishes, glasses or ramekins and press down so the base is a smooth and even thickness. Place in the freezer.
- To make the filling: Place all filling ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth and silky.
- Spoon filling over bases, tapping the glass or dish on the bench lightly to help the mix settle.
- For best texture results, let the mix freeze solid, then move into the fridge to defrost. Putting it in the fridge or freezer just long enough to get cool also works, however, the texture will be more like a mousse.
Per serve (1 glass or dish)
Energy (kJ): 1121 | Protein (g): 31 | Fat (g): 9 | Carbohydrates (g): 14
Want to try a Bulk Nutrients product for free? Click here to request a free sample!