Makes: 1 mini cake (8 serves)Calories: 197Difficulty Level: HardPreparation time: 30 minutesCook time: 0 minutesTotal time: 30 minutes
For the chocolate fudge base
- 1 Tbsp (15g) almond meal
- 1 tsp (10g) rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp (5ml) coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 15g crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 scoop (15g) Bulk Nutrients Chocolate WPI/WPC
For the salted peanut caramel filling
- 1 scoop (30g) Salted Caramel Bulk Nutrients Chocolate WPI/WPC
- 1/2c (60g) raw cashews*
- 3 Tbsp (43g) coconut oil melted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 6 (75g) medjool dates
- 1 Tbsp (20ml) pure or no added sugar maple
- 1/2 tsp salt (good pinch)
- 1 and a half Tbsp. natural peanut butter
- 45g dark organic chocolate melted
- Soak your cashews ready to use.
- Line a mini cake tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl combine your base ingredients and mix well. Note: heating for about 30 seconds can make this easier. If a bit dry add either 1 tsp water or milk at a time.
- Make your filling. Add your ingredients all together into a mini food processor and blend until well combined and smooth. This can take some time you may need to scrape the sides down once or twice.
- Pour filling over your base and pat on your bench top to level out, smooth with the back of a knife and into the fridge, minimum 2 hrs or best overnight.
- Remove from your tin by running a hot knife around the outside. Melt your chocolate and drizzle over and top with choice of nuts. Slice into 8 equal portions and enjoy!
*soak your cashews for minimum 20minutes in hot water OR overnight for best results, drain before use.
We use WPI protein and no added sugar maple. Variations to the recipe will alter the nutritional information.
You can use; WPI or WPC, honey in place of rice malt and dried dates over Medjool (just soak for 10 minutes and drain before use)
Want a BIG cake? 6x this recipe will fit a standard cake tin!