Snack Sized Pecan Protein Bars
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: Serves 8Calories: 276Difficulty Level: ModeratePreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 45 minutes
For the base:
- 2 scoops (60g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 200g almond meal
- 100g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 120g organic butter - room temperature
For the topping:
- 2 eggs
- 100g chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil - melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Pre-heat over to 160 degrees celsius.
- Line a 8 x 8 inch brownie tin with baking paper.
To make the base:
- Place all base ingredients in a processor and pulse to combine.
- Pour into the brownie tin and press in firmly. Set aside.
To make the topping:
- Place all topping ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Pour over the base.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before removing from tin and chop into eight slices.
- Best stored in the fridge for up to five days.
Bulk Nutrients Whey Protein Isolate (WPI) is ultra-high in protein and is certified as being sourced from grass fed cows.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.