High Protein Nut Bars
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 10 barsPreparation time: 15 minutesCook time: 10 minutesTotal time: 25 minutes
For the nut bars:
- 110g almonds – roughly chopped
- 75g cashew nuts – roughly chopped
- 50g shredded coconut
- 40g buckinis
- 40g sunflower seeds
- 30g coconut oil
- 40g honey or rice malt syrup
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons almond spread
- 30g butter
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 20g cacao nibs
For the chocolate drizzle:
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Protein Matrix+ or Thermowhey in Chocolate
- 100g dark chocolate
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
To make the nut bars:
- Toast the almonds, cashew nuts, buckinis, coconut and sunflower seeds until golden brown. We did this in a large pan but you can also do this in the oven.
- In a pot place all nut bar liquids (coconut oil, butter, rice malt syrup, nut butter and vanilla). Simmer until golden in colour, well combined and bubbling.
- Remove from the heat and stir through toasted nut mix and cacao nibs.
- Press into a lined tin using the back of a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set for a minimum of one hour.
- Remove from the fridge and slice into desired pieces.
To make the protein chocolate:
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave or over the stove. Add protein powder and mix well.
- Drizzle chocolate over the nut bars.
- Allow to set before enjoying.
- Best consumed within two weeks.