Strawberry and Pineapple Protein Cake
Posted by Nicole Frain in Recipes
Makes: 1Preparation time: 20 minutesCook time: 30 minutesTotal time: 50 minutes
- 1 scoop (30g) Bulk Nutrients WPI, WPC, Thermowhey or Protein Matrix in Vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of zero/low calorie sweetener
- 1 box vanilla cake mix - we used Noshu Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake
- 1 pack (100g) instant Banana or Vanilla Cream Pudding Mix - we used this Cottees mix
- 1/2 cup good quality dark chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup skim milk or milk alternative
- 1 cup fresh strawberries - chopped
- 2 bananas - sliced
- 1 cup pineapple - chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius and line a cake tin with baking paper.
- Chop the strawberries, bananas and pineapple and place in a bowl with sweetener. Set aside.
- Make the Noshu Sugar Free Vanilla Velvet Cake as directed on the packet. Add the protein powder and mix well.
- Evenly place the chopped fruit in the based of the lined tin.
- Spread the cake mixture over top of the fruit.
- Place the Cottees Cream Pudding Mix, milk and chocolate chips in a bowl and mix well.
- Spread the pudding mix over top of the cake mixture in the tin.
- Bake for one hour or until a knife comes out of the centre clean.
- Best served warm with yogurt or cream.
Thermowhey is a dairy protein blend designed to assist with weight loss. Available in a range of amazing flavours including the delicious Vanilla Maple.
Offering high protein levels and unbeatable value, Bulk Nutrients' WPC is available in 12 great flavours and price breaks up to 20kg.
Exceptionally creamy and easily digested, Protein Matrix+ is Bulk Nutrients' high quality protein blend which is available in 6 amazing flavours.