Maca Powder is made from the root of the maca plant. Maca root is also known as Lepidium Meyenii, part of the Cruciferae family of plants, which are reddish roots like radishes. The maca root is usually dried and stored, where it can then last for many years. Its popularity began more than 5000 years ago in South America, and has been in use since.
Maca has traditionally been used as a sexual enhancer. It has been used all over the world and is reported to effect both men and women. The affect is not understood to be hormonal, as it has no effect on estrogen or testosterone. Sperm production increases have been reported in men who supplement with Maca, and those wanting to reduce prostate hypertrophy also find it useful.
Maca is starting to be investigated for its use as a mild “nootropic” with some users reporting improved cognitive ability, as well as others suggesting it can have an effect on bone health.
Consume 5g of Maca Powder 2-3 times per day. A flat 5ml scoop provided equals 3.3g of Maca Powder.
Combine powder with liquid and consume immediately.
100% Pharmaceutical Grade Maca Powder.
Bulk Nutrients is proudly Australian owned and operated with all products developed, blended and packed locally in our facility in Grove, Tasmania. Find out more
Keep well sealed, protect from moisture, light and heat.
General product questions
- How does it taste? This product is unflavoured and is generally considered to taste average
- What is made from? This product is a natural extract
- Are samples available of this product? Sorry we do not provide samples of this product
- How is it packaged? This product is packaged in resealable 1kg pouches
Maca Powder is:
- Lactose Friendly which means the base ingredients contain no lactose.
- Gluten Friendly which means the base ingredients contain no gluten.
- Vegetarian Friendly which means the base ingredients are not derived from animals.
- Vegan Friendly which means the base ingredients are not derived from animals or animal byproducts.