What’s the keto diet all about?
Generally, a keto diet follows a macronutrient breakdown of high fat, low carbohydrate and moderate protein.
The reason behind such a dramatic reduction in carbohydrate intake is ketosis. The whole keto diet is centred around the process of ketosis and trying to get the body into it. This major reduction in carbohydrates forces the body into ketosis, a metabolic state.
Ketosis occurs when your daily carbohydrate intake is 50-grams or less. Ketosis is a natural state in which the body converts fat into ketones, which are then used for energy instead of carbohydrates.
Over time the body becomes very efficient at burning fat and supplies the body and brain with the energy it needs.
Buyers Guide to the Best Keto Diet Supplements
When following a keto diet fats are your friend and carbohydrates become a distant acquaintance. Luckily at Bulk Nutrients, we’ve got you covered with a range of high protein and low carbohydrate solutions.
Here are the best supplements suitable for those following the keto diet or a high fat/low carb diet…
Keto Diet Proteins
- Future Whey contains zero fats and carbohydrates and is very easy on the digestive system featuring refreshing flavours such as cola and lemonade.
- Protein Matrix+ is a combination of pure whey proteins with an added lactase enzyme to assist with easier digestion. Perfect if you want the muscle mass without the gas.
- Whey Protein Isolate contains minimal carbs and fats and up to 27g of protein per serve.
- HASTA WPI is for the tested athlete, containing no SIA (formerly ASADA)/WADA banned substances.
Pre and Intra Training Keto Supplements
- BCAA Recovery helps to increase muscular endurance and reduce soreness after training.
- Pre Workout 101 has been designed with athletes in mind and offers a sustained energy hit.
- Electrolyte Blend replaces salts and minerals lost in sweat without the carbs of regular electrolyte drinks.
Keto Supplements for Health and Wellbeing
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) are a popular fat source for the keto diet. They’re rapidly absorbed and a more readily available energy source. Try MCTs in your morning coffee, you won’t be disappointed!
- Green Fusion combines a natural source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants making a real greens superfood
- Red Fusion combines natural fruit and vegetable powders of the highest quality to create a real red superfood blend to your boost energy and immunity.
- Tri Fibre+ is a combination of three effective fibre sources designed to make you more regular ;)
Starting Keto? …It can be Tough
Transitioning into ketosis can be a tough experience, especially if you’re used to being a carb monster (we can relate!). Luckily, we’ve got some pro tips heading your way!
If you find you start experiencing headaches, nausea and/or fatigue then make sure you try our handy Electrolyte Blend or BCAA Recovery supplements to boost your salt and mineral intake. These carb free supplements should help you during the initial phase.
Keto now, Afterpay, Zip Pay or PayPal Pay in 4 later
Use Afterpay, Zip Pay or PayPal Pay in 4 at checkout to get your Bulk Nutrients Keto supplements now and pay later.
Available for any orders shipped to an Australian address with a total value of $100 or more.