Pre Workout 101
Certified to crush workouts, Pre Workout 101 offers sustained energy, more focus and no crash. Available in a range of great flavours.
(4.7 from 817 reviews. or .)
Gluten Free Ingredients
Value for Money
Pay in four fortnightly installments when your order is over $100.
Price Per Bag
396g = $39.00
AvailabilityIn stock for same day dispatch when you order before 3pm AEDT (Monday to Friday)
Unearth your inner power and attack workouts like never before with Pre Workout 101. If you're after sustained energy, heightened focus and no crash, Pre Workout 101 is the ideal start to your workout.
Bulk Nutrition's pre workout powder has been formulated for athletes like you who want ultimate performance and stamina in their chosen sporting arena.
Get your body ready to get to the gym with PW101 premium quality, and at as little as $1.15 a serve, it blows away the proprietary blends of the big brands. Pre Workout 101 is an excellent option for those looking at alternatives to Bulk Nutrients' discontinued The Zone Pre Workout.
Why choose PW101?
- Contains only scientifically proven ingredients.
- No proprietary blends here, check the nutritional panel to see exactly what’s in it and at what doses.
- Berry Lemonade is Hasta Certified! Free from SIA - Sports Integrity Australia/WADA banned substances, PW101 in Berry Lemonade is safe for all natural athletes.
- Delivers a clean energy boost to improve performance and endurance.
- Low price and knock out taste, PW101 is essential to your supplement stack.
Happy Pre Workout 101 Lovers
Love Pre Workout 101 and want to get your Instagram photo up in lights? Tag us with #bulknutrients on Insta and we'll do the rest.
Proven pre workout ingredients
Pre Workout 101 combines ingredients that research has shown to improve performance, strength and muscular endurance such as Citrulline Malate, Beta Alanine () and Creatine Monohydrate at doses used in research ().
It also contains ingredients to assist with focus and concentration so you can get into the zone, such as amino acid L Tyrosine which may help with stress and may help relieve the sense of depletion and fatigue caused by intense physical effort (such as weight training).
Everything is listed on the nutritional panel so you know exactly what you're consuming.
Enhance your performance
Pre Workout 101 can give you the ability to push out that extra rep or set. PBs are bound to be made.
It’s not one of those crazy pre workouts promising the world and delivering short energy bursts with a killer crash, PW101 is a product to help you in the long term. With clinically proven ingredients and think long term increased strength and muscle size as well as training volume and stamina.
It’ll get your head in the game, so every workout can be a good one. Anything is possible with Pre Workout 101 on your side.
Watch Trent and Kate talk all things Pre Workout 101
Safe for natural athletes
That’s right! Pre Workout 101 Berry Lemonade contain no SIA - Sports Integrity Australia/WADA banned substances. It's also one of Bulk Nutrients' HASTA Certified Range so you can rest easy knowing your pre workout is safe for use in competition.
Each and every batch of Pre Workout 101 in these flavours is tested by HASTA to ensure it’s safe for our natural athletes and has been developed with the professional athlete in mind.
You can rely on the integrity and effectiveness of Pre Workout 101 time and time again.
As this product contains 272mg of caffeine per serve we do not recommend you take more than one dose per day.
Bulk Nutrients’ HASTA lab test results
Below is the latest HASTA test results of HASTA Pre Workout, so you can buy Bulk Nutrients with confidence. For the full list of all our HASTA lab tests click here.
- 19/05/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 04/05/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 05/04/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 23/02/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 11/02/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 07/01/2022 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 09/12/2021 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 12/11/2021 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 27/10/2021 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
- 18/08/2021 - HASTA Certification (Pre Workout 101 - Berry Lemonade)
Directions & Ingredients
Mix two rounded 5ml teaspoon (13.2g) with up to 600mls of water.
Pre Workout 101 should be consumed around 30 minutes before training or when a competitive event begins.
This product contains 272mg caffeine per serve, we do not recommend you take more than one dose per day.
You may note some black 'flecks' in this product, they are Schisandra Extract and should dissolve when mixed. This product is hygroscopic, so please store in an air tight container and limit exposure to moisture to prevent clumping.
Pre Workout 101 Ingredients
Citrulline Malate, Branched Chain Amino Acids, Creatine Monohydrate, Beta Alanine, Flavouring, Magnesium Stearate, L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (AAKG), Caffeine, L Tyrosine, L Theanine, Choline Bitartrate, Silica, Sweetener (Sucralose), Schisandra, Tartaric Acid.
Note: This product contains caffeine.
Keep well sealed, store away from moisture, light and heat.
Frequently Asked Questions about Pre Workout 101
How does Pre Workout 101 taste?
This product is flavoured and is generally considered to have a pleasant taste.
What is Pre Workout 101 made from?
Pre Workout 101 is derived from a variety of natural and synthetic ingredients.
Are samples available of Pre Workout 101?
If it's in stock and listed on our sample form here, you can request one!
How is Pre Workout 101 packaged?
Pre Workout 101 is packaged in 396g pouches.
Is the packaging for Pre Workout 101 recyclable?
Yes! The bag can be recycled by placing it in the REDcycle drop off point bins.
If you'd like more information, check this article which breaks down how Bulk's various products' packaging can be recycled.
Can I receive a discount buying more than one pouches of Pre Workout 101 at once?
Absolutely! Price breaks for Pre Workout 101 begin when you purchase 2 pouches of any flavour. Just add more than that to your cart to see the savings.
Further Reading on Pre Workout 101
Bulk Nutrients Pre Workout 101
Posted by Nick Telesca
Estimated reading time: 8 minutes
Our Pre Workout 101: Why it works!
Posted by Jackson Peos
Estimated reading time: 12 minutes
Which Pre Workout do I choose?
Posted by Bulk Nutrients
Estimated reading time: 2 minutes
Pre Workout 101 Nutrition Panels
|PRE WORKOUT 101 NUTRITION INFORMATION|
|Servings per 396g package: 30Servings size: 13.2g|
|Average Quantity Per Serving||Average Quantity Per 100g|
|Citrulline Malate (mg)||2,932||22,214|
|Creatine Monohydrate (mg)||2,932||22,214|
|Beta Alanine (mg)||1,154||8,742|
|L-Arginine Alpha-Ketoglutarate (mg)||272||2,057|
|L Theanine (mg)||231||1,748|
|Choline Bitartrate (mg)||217||1,645|
|L Tyrosine (mg)||272||2,057|
About Pre Workouts
Pre workout products contain key amino acids and stimulants which can positively affect performance. These effects include increased strength, muscle size, increased workout stamina and an increase in muscular endurance. Ideally, Pre workout blends combine amino acids such as Beta Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Branched Chain Amino Acids and Creatine with Schisandra and Caffeine ().
Common Pre Workout Ingredients Breakdown:
Beta Alanine is a non-essential amino acid that combines with histamine in the muscles to produce carnosine and is commonly included in pre workouts because of its ability to reduce fatigue and increase endurance and performance during high-intensity exercise.
Carnosine is used as a buffer against acids that are produced in the muscles as a by-product of strenuous exercise. In muscles, Histamine levels are high and Beta Alanine levels are low making Beta Alanine the limiting factor in producing carnosine.
A study () found that supplementing Beta Alanine can increase carnosine levels by up to 80% in the muscles, increasing the muscles ability to sustain exercise at a high intensity.
It should be noted that Beta Alanine can cause a slight tingling sensation usually experienced in the face, neck and hands.
Citrulline Malate is the combination of the amino acid Citrulline and Malate (an organic salt) and is a common ingredient found in most pre workouts.
Benefits of Citrulline Malate include:
- Help improve anaerobic performance
- Increased nitric oxide levels – improving blood flow, oxygen transportation and nutrient uptake.
- Reduce fatigue and delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)
A recent study () of Citrulline Malate illustrates its effectiveness in increasing anaerobic performance and reducing DOMS.
Branch Chain Amino Acids
Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs) are considered the most important amino acids for building muscle and increasing recovery. They consist of three Essential Amino Acids: Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine.
Studies have shown () BCAAs can have a direct effect on reducing DOMS, meaning downtime between training sessions can be reduced.
BCAAs have been found () to increase muscle protein synthesis (MPS), resulting in more protein entering the muscles, stimulating muscle growth, aiding in recovery and improving overall endurance.
Creatine Monohydrate is one of the most heavily researched supplements. In 2007 the International Society of Sports Nutrition reviewed 100 studies () and stated that Creatine Monohydrate is currently the most effective ergogenic supplement for increasing high-intensity exercise capacity and lean body mass. The review also supports its effectiveness for building muscle, increasing muscle size, reducing muscle fatigue and increasing muscular endurance.
Creatine Monohydrate is included in pre workouts because it directly impacts the phosphocreatine stores in your muscles, this helps the muscles to create new ATP molecules, supporting the ATP energy systems which are used for muscle contraction and explosive energy.
Schisandra and Caffeine
Schisandra and Caffeine are added to Pre Workouts as they can help increase energy levels. Schisandra also helps relieve stress and can help increase endurance and performance while training.
Pre Workout FAQs
What does a Pre Workout powder do?
Pre Workout powder contains ingredients which increase performance “acutely” as well as have a longer-term benefit on strength, endurance and muscle size.
The acute benefits usually come from stimulants like caffeine and synephrine which stimulate the adrenal system. These help with energy levels which assist strength and endurance. Other ingredients like Creatine, Beta Alanine and Citrulline Malate can have longer term affects on building muscle and recovery.
Is pre workout powder effective?
A Pre Workout powder can be effective, but they should be used sparingly for best results.
Drinking too much coffee or taking Pre Workouts too often will result in stimulant de-sensitivity. This means more is required to take effect and the effects are less pronounced.
Pre Workouts taken late in the evening can also lead to insomnia, sleep is the most important form of recovery.
Will a Pre Workout powder help me build muscle?
If used properly, a Pre Workout powder can assist building muscle. The stimulant action can help you shift more weight or add additional sets, creatine can have a direct effect on strength too as well as muscle size.
Will Pre Workout products give me insomnia?
If taken late in the evening Pre Workouts can lead to loss of sleep, though this depends on individual sensitivity.
Can I take Pre Workout products every day?
If you take a Pre Workout every day it will be less effective. Taking a Pre Workout daily will lead to reduced caffeine sensitivity which means you will require a larger dose for the same effect.
It’s generally accepted that Pre Workouts should only be used on heavy training days.
Can I take Pre Workout products more than once per day?
Frequent dosing (every day or multiple times a day) will mean Pre Workouts are less effective.
For best results take Pre Workouts only on training days.
- Kreider, R.B., Kalman, D.S., Antonio, J. et al. (2017) International Society of Sports Nutrition position stand: safety and efficacy of creatine supplementation in exercise, sport, and medicine. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 14, 18. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-017-0173-z
- Maté-Muñoz, J.L., Lougedo, J.H., Garnacho-Castaño, M.V. et al. Effects of β-alanine supplementation during a 5-week strength training program: a randomized, controlled study. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 15, 19 (2018). https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12970-018-0224-0
- Smith, A.E., Fukuda, D.H., Kendall, K.L. et al. The effects of a pre-workout supplement containing caffeine, creatine, and amino acids during three weeks of high-intensity exercise on aerobic and anaerobic performance. J Int Soc Sports Nutr 7, 10 (2010). https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-7-10
- Hill, C. A., Harris, R. C., Kim, H. J., Harris, B. D., Sale, C., Boobis, L. H., Kim, C. K., & Wise, J. A. (2007). Influence of beta-alanine supplementation on skeletal muscle carnosine concentrations and high intensity cycling capacity. Amino acids, 32(2), 225–233. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs00726-006-0364-4
- Pérez-Guisado, J., & Jakeman, P. M. (2010). Citrulline malate enhances athletic anaerobic performance and relieves muscle soreness. Journal of strength and conditioning research, 24(5), 1215–1222. https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Fulltext/2010/05000/Citrulline_Malate_Enhances_Athletic_Anaerobic.9.aspx
- Howatson, G., Hoad, M., Goodall, S., Tallent, J., Bell, P. G., & French, D. N. (2012). Exercise-induced muscle damage is reduced in resistance-trained males by branched chain amino acids: a randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled study. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 9, 20. https://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-9-20
- Jackman, S. R., Witard, O. C., Philp, A., Wallis, G. A., Baar, K., & Tipton, K. D. (2017). Branched-Chain Amino Acid Ingestion Stimulates Muscle Myofibrillar Protein Synthesis following Resistance Exercise in Humans. Frontiers in physiology, 8, 390. https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fphys.2017.00390/full
- Gonzalez, A. M., & Trexler, E. T. (2020). Effects of Citrulline Supplementation on Exercise Performance in Humans: A Review of the Current Literature. Journal of strength and conditioning research, 34(5), 1480–1495. https://journals.lww.com/nsca-jscr/Abstract/2020/05000/Effects_of_Citrulline_Supplementation_on_Exercise.32.aspx