Mousse cake loaded with protein from tofu
Need a protein rich snack, but also want a sweet treat? Well, we have both of your needs covered!
This sweet and creamy Caramel Latte Mousse Cake incorporates silken tofu and coconut milk to form a dense cheese-cake style filling.
Combine that with a crunchy, nutty base to create an all-round crowd pleaser. Just look at it... Wouldn't you love to show this off to your family and friends?
For the base:
- 2 sachets Bulk Nutrients Mug Cake in Creamy Banana
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 30g nuts of choice – we used walnuts
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tablespoon no added sugar maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or organic butter
- 300g silken tofu
- 1 shot of espresso coffee – can use 1 teaspoon of instant coffee dissolved in 30ml boiling water
- 1 teaspoon gelatin – dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream – thick component
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons no added sugar maple syrup
- 20 dates – chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Line a medium cake tin with baking paper.
- To make the base: In a bowl combine maple syrup, coconut oil or organic butter, milk and nut butter. Heat for 20 seconds in the microwave to help with mixing.
- Add remaining base ingredients and stir well.
- Press into prepared cake tin.
- To make the mousse: Soak dates in milk and maple syrup for 10 minutes after heating for 20 seconds in the microwave.
- Place all mousse ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Pour over the cake base.
- Place in the fridge to set completely for approximately 2 to 3 hours.
- Best consumed within 2-3 days and stored in an airtight container in the fridge.